First things first, a very Happy New Year 2017 to everybody!!! ??? and yeah, I’ve moved houses!

So why Vintage Madras?

Some time when it was raining and gloomy in Chennai, aΒ couple of years back, I posted a cloudy picture and had captioned it Vintage Madras casually (Madras being the old name of Chennai city).Β It ringed and stayed with me ever since. So long just as a twitter handle, now here we are.Β ?

The New Year Syndrome
New Years always give me so.much.anxiety. I always plan SO much for the year ahead and as the days of December keep speeding past me, I get into full-on panic mode. Like now for instance. I promised to relaunch the blog on Jan 1st 2017 and I did nothing about it. So here I am,writing this post at 8:21 PM in my car in a mall basement on 31st Dec 2016, whilst waiting for mum and dad to finish shopping! Whattey start to the year! Lol. So let’s see the master list I’ve planned out which I’m probably gonna mess up, but still hey! It’s the thought that counts πŸ˜€

2017 GOALS RESOLUTIONS

Positivity

By this I don’t mean to spread peace joy and good vibes to everyone around me. No, because I know how to do that. I know a bit too well to put up that front and it drains me emotionally to LOOK happy. So this year I’m gonna be a bit more selfish and focus on myself. Self love. Acceptance. Imagine. Dream. Hustle , all that kinda shit. πŸ˜‰

Say Yes More

If you know me personally, I’ve turned down your offer to hang-out or let your call ring fully and then text you “hey what’s up ?”. I’m a severe antisocial butterfly. πŸ™ I don’t necessarily nurture and cultivate connections and very efficiently avoid it too. So this year is gonna be the year I just do it.

Lifestyle Changes

I wish I could take better care of my body because that has a direct impact on your mental strength. So eat more healthy, get more sleep, wake up earlier and be on time are some of the things I wish I could do. Pfft, but we all know how this is gonna turn up.

#BloggingGoals

It’s no secret that I take my blog for granted. Amidst everything that this blog has given me, I have not put in enough time and effort into this lately. And the wear and tear shows. So I have relaunched mainly to motivate myself to blog more consistently. To be present is more important than being perfect!

Travel

Hitting the gym, learning to play the guitar and travelling more are probably one of the most common resolutions to be taken and likewise, ditched along the way. I hope I don’t end up doing the same. Things are already looking good on that front, considering a trip is planned shortly (more info on that later) πŸ˜‰

Apart from my goals, I have purchased a journal where we can answer one question per day for all 365 days. And we will be filling out answer for the same question, this day next year. This goes on for five years and aptly called the Five-Year-Journal. I’m excited to be using this starting 2017! (psst! not a promo πŸ˜› Just a concept I loved !)

2017 journal

So there are my very-doable but consistently neglected goals for 2017. What are yours?

10 thoughts on “2017 Goals and Wishful Thinkings

  1. There’s a pattern in your Goals for 2017 which almost all Bloggers will relate to. Apart from the travelling ones, I’ve never been able to keep up with any other. Good luck to you for your goals as well as with the site. Love the name. It’s truly Vintage.

    1. Aww, thank you so much Faooq ! :’)
      And my repeatedly taken, and constantly neglected goal is to Travel more. Hopefully, 2017 would be good πŸ˜‰

      It’s great that you get to travel a lot :’)

  2. I love the name, it’s quite lovely. πŸ˜€ will hopefully interact with you more this year too, and hope to make some lifestyle changes of my own as well.

    PS: I’m waiting to fine you a penalty, should you not be regular to the blogging goal. πŸ˜‰

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: