VINTAGEMADRAS.COM

Alas, we meet again! Yes, I’m very much alive.Β I wouldn’t hold it against you if you thought otherwise – that was a disappearing trick gone wrong! πŸ˜€

Well, first and foremost, a very Happy New Year 2019 to y’all! It’s been an incredible 2018 for all of us – lots of opportunities to have new experiences, learn and grow. And hear we are with another clean slate, very much at our disposal to go wild. And that, we will πŸ˜‰

2018 for me has been huge. And by that I mean – MASSIVE.Β  I celebrated the complete year abroad – which I would have never thought could be possible. But things happen in life for a reason and we can just watch it unfold right in front of our eyes. This is one such episode in my life, for which I’ll be eternally thankful.

It’s too late for “2018 Rewind”, fashionably late for “2019 Goals” – so lets chuck it in the fuck-it bin and get on with whats been up lately πŸ˜‰

It is not that I lost interest in blogging. I lost the sense of purpose long before I got occupied. Who am I writing these posts for? What is the benefit to the general public?Β  I felt like I should be writing strong meaningful articles or opinionated posts. And I just stopped. But then when I looked back, so much has happened over the past months and I dint bother to record any of it because why? No reason is good enough for that. So I’m doing this for myself now. To be an outlet, to put my thoughts and experiences into paper – well, you know what I mean. And I’m doing that on a public platform and not a private word document because – let’s share a bit of each other’s lives and evolve πŸ™‚ Here’s to 2019 *clings*

I have had the opportunity to travel a lot – which I hope to cover in future posts, atleast the bits and pieces of what I still remember. But definitely not as much as I’d like. I feel like I’m wasting the days and that puts a pressure on me and the fear cripples me and I end up doing nothing. It’s a completely useless cycle, but I know that is one area I have take more action on! And quick.

But one trip I loved to bits was to Dubrovnik, Croatia. Fucking Game of Thrones shooting spot. We went silly, humming the title tune while strolling around King’s Landing. It was an achievement unlocked kinda moment for sure πŸ˜‰ More on that soon!

Other than that, I’ve been spending a lot of time with a few friends who are such a blast to be with. Fun, impulsive and weird – not normal at all. And that keeps me going. But that is a roller-coaster and the ride gets derailed pretty often, but yeah, as long as we pick ourselves back together – lets enjoy the ride! πŸ˜‰

My birthday was last week (Jan 11). Spent it with a couple friends travelling to quiet quaint towns. Was a chilled cozy day with lots of laughter and conversations – exactly how I wanted it to be. πŸ™‚

And on the Netflix arena, I’ve been watching Prison Break a bit. I liked the S01, but now that the activity of prison breaking is accomplished, I dont know where it goes further. So just clueless there πŸ˜€ This weekend I binged Sex Education on Netflix. Real good stuff, no bullshit real deal with a fun narrative and captivating story-line. Friends from India… let’s catchup on the missed classes haanΒ  πŸ˜›

I’ve also picked up reading again – yes, as you can see I’m trying to get things back to normalcy from the wreckage that 2018 was lol.Β  I have begun with my most trusty author Colleen Hoover’s Verity. It’s a dark dark book I’ve been repeatedly told. But I’m on-board no matter what this woman writes, so let’s see. Will keep you posted on my views once I’m done.

Weather has been getting colder and colder here in Belgium. It’s bright and sunny, but it’s -1 degree today. Crazy and deceiving! But there has not been snow so far this year in Mechelen. I wish for it, it makes everything look pure and magical – till it melts and becomes dirty slush on the roadsides :/ And I walk to work these days – so just a leeetle bit of snow would be enough πŸ˜€

Finally, it’s not that I was too preoccupied and things have been so damn awesome that I don’t prioritize blogging. It’s been pretty hard too, but let’s just focus on the good bits out here – there is already enough negativity going around. A recent favorite quote..

the one who fills you

will also drain you

the trick is toΒ

arrive already full.

So that’s about it for now, will try to catch-up more often. πŸ™‚ Until then..

Caio! xx