So after my mighty resolutions to blog regularly every week in 2017, I went MIA again. But I was off on holiday and this was pretty inevitable. Oops.

So yes. We went on a family vacation to Dubai and Abu Dhabi. It is a place with architectural magnificence that just stuns you. Period. Trust me I did a lot of research prior to this trip, but seeing the city in real life, I don’t know if I’ll ever stop being dazed by this beauty!

When I looked back on 2016 where I just traveled once and that was to a city 2 hours away by flight and the trip was just for 1.5 days – I practically heard the wanderlust in me, tch-tching at my poor execution. So in December 2016, I took myself and my family by surprise and booked the flight tickets to Dubai. My uncle lives there, and this was a family trip, so the adventures / spontaneous-but-calculated risks I could take was very minimal. But one thing about having your family there is, they know the place in and out and help you actually discover it in real-time and not just do touristy things.

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

My time in UAE was pretty limited; I spent just one week there and I had the whole of Dubai and Abu Dhabi at my disposal. So this was tricky. Because we need to actually spend some quality family-time whilst also experiencing UAE <3  Also, it was winter in Dubai! Such lovely climate – although freezing cold, it was a beautiful experience, breaking all stereotypes. Enough chit chat I guess. Let the pictures talk!

Abu Dhabi Marina Eye

So this is the Abu Dhabi Marina Eye.We decided to go up on it to get an aerial view of the city, but at the time it was closed for maintenance until 7PM. So we went to the Colombiano Coffee House in the Sky Tower on the roof of the Marina Mall just next to it and got a even better view <3

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

Colombiano Coffee House Sky Tower, Marina Mall

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

Well.. πŸ˜€

January 11, 2017 <3

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

Cousins πŸ˜€ I particularly love this picture of darlin Fida. (lL-R Fida, Farhan, Rai)

Ferrari World !!!

This is something I thought I’d chicken out in the last minute. But I went on the world’s fastest roller-coaster and world’s highest loop roller-coaster as well (and they are not the same roller-coaster >_<) !! So proud of myself really.

Flying Aces

Brave the highest rollercoaster loop on the planet!

Inspired by the legendary β€˜ace of aces’ aviator, Count Francesco Baracca, Flying Aces is a rollercoaster like no other. Board your military bi-plane and scale 63 metres at a spectacular 51-degree incline. Feel your pulse race as you fly through the world’s highest rollercoaster loop and hit speeds of up to 120km/h.

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

Formula Rossa – World’s Fastest Rollercoster that goes from 0 to 240km/h in 5 seconds!

Go faster than a F1β„’ car!

Strap in, put your goggles on and prepare to be blasted 240km/h in 4.9 seconds on the world’s fastest rollercoaster. After scaling heart-racing heights of 52 metres and with the adrenalin rush of 4.8Gs riding high, you’ll cross the finish feeling like a true Scuderia Ferrari champion.

dubai abu dh abi holiday 2017 formula rossa ferrari world

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017 ferrari world

Barbeque Night with family

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017 family barbeque

And the most exciting part πŸ˜€ IKEAAAA!

For a decor addict like myself, IKEA was paradise! I have seen all these home stylists and vloggers use such pretty stuff from IKEA on vlogs. And now I managed to get hold of some, but not enough πŸ™

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

I really wanted to go western. But nah uh πŸ™

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

Last Exit – Enroute Dubai

A grunge themed, texas style Gourmet Street Food experience!

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017 last exit

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

Dubai <3

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

Jumeirah Beach Residence

In a city where every corner is air-conditioned, JBR Walk is a 1.7km stretch, where you can do a bit of outdoor shopping where the biggest names in the industry like Roberto Cavalli to Ritz Carlton are thrown around casually. And browsing the shops whilst taking a stroll in this chilly weather, ogling at the Ferraris and Lamborghinis queing up – bliss

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017
dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

Dubai Mall

Burj Khalifa through the sun-roof

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

When mom wanted authentic Arabian food and uncle knew the right place !

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017
dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017 dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017
dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017
After such a merry trip of such amazing food and wonderful experiences, we bid adieu to UAE from At the Top – Burj Khalifa. The world’s tallest building and we went upto level 124 πŸ™‚

dubai abu dhabi holiday 2017 burj khalifa at the topdubai abu dhabi holiday 2017 burj khalifa at the top
UAE has been the country of all shiniest, biggest, tallest and fastest ! My recovery is going to be difficult, yeah? πŸ˜‰ #dreamholiday