- Break-up with iPhone: We are so dependent on our phones these days. At least I am – severely guilty. Everything from reading after the light goes off till early hours of the day (I do two-timing with books – paperbacks during the day and iBooks at night), instantaneous chatting (ugh, I hate whatsapp), clicking pictures rather than actually enjoying the moment, planning my day with the Calendar app and not using my very expensive Filofax (on which I spent a solid 4 months online hunt), to-do lists, having a list of places I wanna visit, bookmarking restaurants to visit on Zomato etc etc. I hate this life. I’m honestly a pen and paper girl. But I cheat myself and get lazy to invest all those efforts, of writing it down, scheduling, and planning it out. I need to do that more and spend as little time on my phone as possible. At least that way, I won’t be needing my power bank this often *sigh* !
- Read: I know I’m reading like crazy these days, but I like this version of myself better. I feel like I know so much more. Reading is often considered as a hobby that people with less or no social life do. Nope, anyone can go hang out. But reading is a habit that has to be cultivated and to actually honestly ENJOY reading, you need to love it. I’m a public library member and used to borrow books before, every now and then. But now I have started building my library. I love reading fresh books and the smell of new books. I’m hoping to get a huge book-case soon. (Long term goal: Have a Library room with all of my books! Ahhh <3)
- Learn Hindi: I’m embarrassed to admit that this has been in my Yearly Goals for nearly 7-8 years. Ouch. Let’s not talk much about this. I just really wanna learn. Guess the 5-7 books that I purchased aren’t helping (other than lying prettily in my shelf). I should invest in some serious classes! :/
- Anger Management: Okay. I’m sincerely a short-tempered person. I get offended easily, hurt easily, angry easily, cry easily and hold grudges for a remarkably long time. Even simple things that others would take so lightly would piss me off and I’ll keep hating on that person till they do something overly sweet that cancels out the hate. I really need to work on that. :/
- Get Social: No. I’m not talking social media. I’m on every single social media that made the cut. And I join ASAP cause I need my username! 😀 The kinda social I wanna be is with people. You are mostly likely to find me in my room with my book or watching a particularly gory episode of Game of Thrones or drooling over Harvey Specter on my laptop. That is not exactly nice is it? At least not always. I want to go out more. Learn to talk on phone calls (I’m incapable of telephone conversations). So basically, learn to communicate more and not find innovative ways to end conversations and avoid eye-contact ! :/
I’m working on these already. What about you? 🙂